We have an exciting opportunity in our Guarantor Loans Division for a commercially aware Senior Collections Manager to join the team. This is a newly created position due to the success and growth of the business and you will ideally have a financial services background.
To manage, motivate and develop a team of Collections Associates in order to meet defined company KPI’s. You will directly responsible for the collection of customer debt in arrears in line with regulatory and GLD policies and procedures. Build the value of the business for all stakeholders (customers, staff & shareholders) by constant development and improvements in our people, product, infrastructure and financial results.
The post will contribute significantly to the day to day running of the operational business. The culture is professional and encourages individual excellence
- Manage department performance to deliver targeted profitability, working within clear commercial guidelines.
- Manage, motivate and develop the collections team by delivering regular ‘side by side training’, identifying staff needs and producing relevant development plans.
- Ensuring the development and achievement of short, medium and long-term plans of the Collections teams are fully aligned with Operational/business strategy and are actualised in a cost-effective manner and in line with regulations.
- Working with the collections team to find solutions to cure arrears on accounts and improve the customer journey.
- Identify and progress opportunities to improve operational processes within the department.
- Responsible for early identification, escalation and mitigation of emerging credit risks.
- To ensure all administrative and audit procedures are complied with.
- Ensure all tasks are completed within the timeframes given.
- To sell and promote company products and services.
- To identify process improvements and implement accordingly.
- Setting and reviewing organisational/productivity objectives in line with business requirements
- Creating and submitting a monthly financial projections for review by executive management. Responsible for operational delivery against the approved forecast and for managing operational budgets effectively and accurately
- Ensure compliance with company policy and procedure, FCA and other regulatory requirements.
- Manage administration and collections work
- Achieve all targets as defined by Manager.
- Resolution of complaints and issues escalated by the collections team.
- Participate in Company training and induction programmes.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- To develop detailed knowledge of both financial products and company’s standard procedures.
- Adhere to the Core Values of ELL and ELL’s TCF policy.
- Dynamic and agile
- People Management
- Deciding and Initiating action
- Team working
- Delivering results and exceeding customer expectations
- Organising and Executing
- Ability to present to Director level