As a key team member, the Underwriter will be responsible for effective risk-based underwriting in line with TrustTwo’s lending policies.
The Underwriter is responsible for the quality of loans as determined by the credit and risk team. The position ensures that applications are underwritten to better default targets and underwriting criteria. In addition, that control processes are developed and used to best effect in the interests of TrustTwo stakeholders. The post is expected to contribute significantly to the day to day running of the business and ensure the culture is one of hard work, professionalism and fun. The position also provides the Board with appropriate reporting and acts as an ambassador for the organisation and brand
- To optimise TrustTwo portfolios through effective and efficient risk-based underwriting.
- To maintain accurate, detailed records and notes within the operating system to evidence the customer contact for follow up highlighting key milestones, discussions and agreed actions in line with data protection guidelines.
- To meet the day-to-day key performance indicators through demonstrating excellent time management skills.
- To timely, regularly and duly prepare and present individual performance figures for monthly one-to-one meetings.
- To alert the senior management team of any irregularity, lack of compliance, lack of adherence, gaps and problems whether actual or potential concerning the brand, the reputation, business performance, the financing plans, the budgets and any other matter of a financial nature or which could or does have a financial implication or reputational risk.
- Head of Underwriting – TrustTwo
- Guarantor Lending Division team members
- Head of GLD
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding regulations, anti money laundering rules, data protection and treating customer fairly
- The candidate should have a clear understanding of markets and current economic affairs.
- Proven track record in consumer lending underwriting
- Knowledge of the consumer credit industry
- Highly inquisitive and analytical
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Minimise complaints and default rates within agreed business plan and targets through clear communication and checking customers understanding.
- A confident, self-motivated individual with strong business and organisational skills
- Ability to excel under pressure and when working to tight deadlines, yet capable of demonstrating making sound risk based underwriting decisions.
- Committed to continuing professional and personal development of self and others.
- Unquestionable integrity
- Ability to react to business needs and flexibility
- Guarantor lending underwriting experience.
- Speed of execution – the ability to act decisively, use sound judgement and move the business with pace towards it’s’ goals.
- Managing Relationships – proactively building and managing relationships within a Head office and Network environment, enabling the business to mobilise quickly around a common challenge.
- Team player able to build highly effective relationships 360 degrees
- Performance focus.
- Communication and confidence.
- Customer focused.
- Business & commercial focus.
- Team working.
Educated to GCSE level