Responsible for leading the Customer Resolutions Team in the management of the Everyday Loans complaints function, ensuring all activities are compliant with FOS complaint handling rules and FCA guidelines. The role involves the continued development of the complaints processes, utilising trend analysis to give advice and guidance to the business and continual assessment of root cause analysis to enable the business to build better relationships with its customers.
Oversee and manage the complaints team and all complaints processes, ensuring consistency of high quality responses and adherence to timelines. The role is a key part of the Risk and Compliance leadership team and is reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance.
- To oversee, manage, direct and develop the Customer Resolutions Team.
- To lead in the continual development of systems for the management of complaints.
- Maintain the company complaints procedures, providing regular reporting and recommendations to the business. In addition ensure the external reporting requirements are met in full.
- To facilitate and maintain an effective corporate approach to the management of complaints.
- Design and maintain reporting mechanisms to advise the business of risk from regulatory and company practice perspectives in relation to complaints and other areas of regulatory focus.
- Review and agree the business position in response to complainants.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and knowledge.
- Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of all record-keeping functions and reports in respect of complaint monitoring, providing monthly reports to the executive.
- To understand, commit and participate fully in managing service beyond customers expectations and to company standards.
- To support and adhere to the Core Values of ELL including Outstanding Customer Service and ELG’s TCF Policy and to execute these behaviours to their full extent and intent.
- Responsible for the development and management on-going of the complaints system and reporting.
- Actively share best practice with the Group.
- To effectively and efficiently complete all duties and responsibilities as assigned, to company standards, managing the performance of other staff within the complaints team.
- Everyday Loans Compliance Team
- Marketing Team; Operational Management and; Senior Management
- Second and Third Line of Defence: Operational Risk and Internal Audit
- Branch Network, Central
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in personal lending and/or retail financial services would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of complaint handling.
- Experience in the investigation of complex complaints and drafting high-level responses. Providing advice relating to complaints.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands ensuring key priorities and deadlines are met through effective time-management.
- Well developed IT skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Customer Journey Focus
- Communication & Confidence
- Team Working
- Performance Focus
- Planning & Reviewing